Thursday, November 10, 2016

Project #5 New Toilets, New Sinks, YAY!

My husband decided to take advantage and change the toilets and the sinks! YAY 
ME SO HAPPY!!!
 Interestingly enough, we went to a store that had showrooms and found this. LOVED IT. 2 words: Very Expensive! Not only that, but even if we could have been able to afford it. It would not be on time. Again. I had only 2 weeks to work on it.


 We decided to make the measurements and go to Home Depot, and get the mirrors, sinks and toilet. The toilets cost much less than the mirrors.




Of course, we hired a plumber! I would have messed up the entire building. It is always cost efficient to hire a professional to work on plumbing and electrical issues. Unless, you really know what you are doing and have had experience dealing with it. Here is an example why a plumber was the right choice for us. The sink vanity had drawers on the right side. As you see the pipes are all on the right side, so he had to open up a hole on the wall and rearrange the piping in order to fit the vanity.


 One toilet down!

 Do you see the piece of old yellow linoleum? This happened when HD contractors installed the tiles. It would have been awesome if they could take the old sink vanities, install the new floor, and they could have install a new vanity as well. Unfortunately, that is not how it works, and they had to install the floor without removing the vanities. This is key for others project I had to do due to this. The vanity comes open on the front bottom, and if I had left it that way, you could see the awful linoleum and at the same time that would have been a place that would fill with dirt and who knows what else. We rent this unit the whole year. So I could only imagine.
I decided to install a piece of wood I had bought at Michael's. It is very thin, but the size was perfect. I hope it is still there next time we go to the beach. As you see the piece of wood itself does not look good. I decided to stain it later. I mixed two color stains.
This was the first. It was an English Oak, then I used a dark cherry, and voilá! I got it.
Of course, there is no proof of how it looks until the end.
#GirlPower #FeelingGood
Latina's Out

0 comments:

Post a Comment